Gli spazi della musica:
“Music and plain air”
Deadline: 15 June 2015
“Gli spazi della musica” is a biannual online journal published by the Department of Humanities of the Università degli Studi di Torino (StudiUm), based on a process of blind peer-reviewing (ISSN 2240-7944)
Please visit: www.ojs.unito.it/index.php/spazidellamusica/index (select English or Italian on your right)
The editorial board actively encourages authors to submit contributions for the upcoming issues (2015, no 2), for both sections (Ricercari and Variazioni) of the journal.
„Ricercari“ is a series of free papers on basic topics of music studies. Therefore, the editorial board invites authors to submit essays on any aspect of musicological and comparative research.
„Variazioni“ is a series of papers on a given topic.
The theme for the Variazioni in both 2015 issues is: Music and plain air.
We encourage authors to submit contributions about the relationship between music and open air. Possible but not exclusive topics could be:
- Music and nature (from the representations of nature in music to the music for documentary movies).
- Music and urban art (from the monuments in honor of composers to the murals with a musical character, from street musicians to sound design for monuments and parks).
- Music and ambient sound (from concrete music to land art, from Cage silence to soundscape).
- Music for outdoor activities (from sport to political demonstrations, from marching bands to radio listening on the beach).
- Music and ecology (from noise pollution to ecomusicology).
Deadline for all types of contributions, written according to the Author guidelines published on the website and provided with an abstract of 600 characters: 15 JUNE 2015
Papers must be submitted to the address glispazidellamusica.studium AT unito.it
Supported languages are English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish