Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies, University of Vienna:
Full Professor of Comparative Musicology (Ethnomusicology)
Scope: full time, permanent position
Deadline: May 31st, 2015
The Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies of the University of Vienna announces the position of Full Professor of Comparative Musicology (Ethnomusicology) (full time, permanent position).
The department of musicology of the University of Vienna counts among the largest departments of musicology in the German-speaking area. The future professor shall cover the discipline of comparative musicology / ethnomusicology in its full spectrum both in research and in teaching, taking into account actual methods and theories.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
- PhD and post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
- (Austrian or equivalent international academic degree in the relevant field)
- outstanding research and publication record, with an excellent reputation as an active member of the international academic community;
- Habilitation (venia docendi) or equivalent international qualification in the relevant field is desirable
- experience in designing, procuring and directing major research projects, as well as the willingness and ability to team leadership of research groups
- experience in university teaching, willingness and ability to teach at all curricular levels (Bachelor, Master, PhD), to supervise theses, and to further the work of junior academic colleagues
The University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to acquire, within three years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in Bachelor programmes and participation in committees.
The University of Vienna intends to increase the number of women on its faculty, particularly in high-level positions, and therefore especially encourages applications from women. Among equally qualified applicants women will receive preferential consideration.
Applications in German or English should be submitted by e-mail (preferably as PDF attachments) to the Dean of the Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies of the University of Vienna, Matthias Meyer, Universitätsstrasse 1, 1010 Vienna (dekanat-pkw -at- univie.ac.at) no later than May 31st, 2015 with reference 106-2015.
For the full announcement with application requirements and details see: