„Postdoctoral Fellowship in Music Information Retrieval“
Stipend: $38,000 per annum (with a health and dental plan)
Deadline: March 30, 2015
Begin: May 1, 2015
The Single Interface for Music Score Searching and Analysis (SIMSSA) project at McGill University seeks a Postdoctoral Fellow in music information retrieval with a demonstrable interest and strengths in developing software for musical searching and analysis. SIMSSA is a seven-year research partnership grant funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), headed by Ichiro Fujinaga, Primary Investigator and Julie Cumming, Co-investigator. The Fellow will work with Julie Cumming on the Analysis axis, supervising a research group of graduate and undergraduate students, and also in close collaboration with the Content team.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Music Technology, Music Theory or Musicology, Information Science, or related fields
- Knowledge of music theory and analysis, especially for early music
- Fluency in programming and scripting
- Familiarity with music analysis toolkits, such as music21 or Humdrum
- Experience with designing and managing websites and databases
- Track record of publications in relevant conferences and journals (e.g. ISMIR, SMT)
The fellowship stipend is $38,000 per annum with a health and dental plan. The one-year position will begin May 1, 2015 or as soon as the candidate is available; there is a possibility of a 1-year renewal. Adjudication will begin March 30, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
Applications should consist of:
- a cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- a writing sample
- evidence of programming skills
Materials should be addressed to Ichiro Fujinaga and Julie Cumming, but sent to Jane Hatter, SIMSSA Project Manager, at jane.hatter -at- mcgill.ca. Please arrange to have three letters of reference sent over e-mail to the same address; ask that referees to include the name of the candidate in the subject line of their emails.
For more information visit simssa.ca/opportunities.