Temple University Theory and Musicology Society (THEMUS):
THEMUS Annual Graduate Student Conference for Theory and Musicology
April 11, 2015 – Temple University, Philadelphia PA
Deadline: January 10, 2015
The Temple University Theory and Musicology Society (THEMUS) will be hosting its second annual conference for theory and musicology on Saturday April 11, 2015.
The Program Committee invites proposals from graduate students only on any topic related to music theory/analysis and/or musicology.
- The proposals submitted should be for a 25 minute presentation.
- Any number of proposals can be submitted by an individual, but not more than one will be accepted.
Submissions should include:
- A proposal of not more than 500 words (including any footnotes or endnotes). Proposals may include up to a maximum of four pages of supplementary material (musical examples, diagrams, bibliography). The proposal must be sent in PDF format.
- A 250-word abstract appropriate for publication, also in PDF format.
- A list of any materials required for the presentation (projector, piano, music stands, etc.). If you do not require any supplementary materials, please specify by listing “no extra materials required.”
The proposal and abstract must be sent to themus.tu at gmail.com, along with a cover email including the following information:
- Your full name
- School, major, and year of study
- Your phone number and email address