Balance-Unbalance International Conference 2015:
“Water, Climate, Place: Reimagining Environments”
27–29 March 2015 – Arizona State University, Tempe
Deadline: November 10, 2014
Balance-Unbalance, an international conference, brings multiple disciplines together to explore intersections between nature, art, science, new technologies, aid agencies and society with the goal of developing cross-disciplinary initiatives using innovative art and technology to advance ecological awareness and sustainability practices and to inspire wide-ranging community engagement in the face of unprecedented environmental challenges.
Balance-Unbalance 2015 will focus on water, climate, and place, seeking dialogues and creative projects engaged with water and climate problems around the globe. These dialogues may take the form of scholarly and creative presentations, including research papers, transdisciplinary workshops and activities, panel discussions or roundtables, sound and media art, musical performances, installations, soundwalks, and posters. Balance-Unbalance 2015 will provide a forum for the growing body of sustainability research in the arts, humanities and sciences and for creative activities inspired by environmental concerns. We welcome proposals from but not limited to artists, art and humanities scholars, scientists, engineers, economists, and policy makers to advance discussions and collaborative efforts that lead to solutions for a sustainable future.
For more information please visit: balance-unbalance2015.org/
Proposals will be peer-reviewed and should include the following information and be submitted via EasyChair:
- an abstract of 350 words, including the proposed title of the presentation for 20-minute paper presentations with 10 minutes for questions and answers, posters, installations and performances
- or a 500-word abstract for a 90-minute panel or workshop
- a link to images, sound recordings or video of proposed media art works
- equipment requests
- name(s) of the presenter(s), affiliation, e-mail address, and phone number
- a short biography of no more than 150 words
Proposal submission deadline: November 10, 2014
Notification of presenters: January 10, 2014