Department of Music, University of Delaware:
„Assistant Professor of Music History“ (tenure-track)
Deadline: October 15, 2014
The Department of Music at the University of Delaware invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track assistant professor of Music History. We are seeking a dynamic teacher and scholar with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching and an active and significant research agenda. Candidates should specialize in music after 1800 and show a keen interest in the relationship between historical and popular music and culture. The successful candidate will be joining a department that places a high value on research by faculty and students and whose recent collaborations have emphasized the creative integration of academics, scholarship, and performance.
- Five courses per year
- Expected courses: core undergraduate history courses (introduction and sequence); graduate methods and topics courses; upper level literature courses (symphonic literature, chamber literature, and contemporary literature). Possible course for general university student.
- Mentoring and thesis advisement for undergraduate Music History and Literature majors.
- Active contribution to the department’s recruitment and retention goals and
- Participation in departmental, college, and university activities and governance.
- Completed doctorate at the time of appointment
- Successful experience in collegiate-level teaching
- Record of research that demonstrates the promise of continued growth.
Applicants should upload a letter of application and current curriculum vitae with three references at apply.interfolio.com/26329 or at www.udel.edu/udjobs/. In addition, applicants should arrange for three letters of reference to be uploaded to the site separately. After initial screening, examples of scholarly writing and a teaching portfolio with a video of classroom teaching will be requested. All materials are due by October 15, 2014.
Additional questions may be directed to:
Maria Purciello, Chair
Music History Search Committee
Department of Music
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716
mpurciel at udel.edu
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.