International Alliance for Women in Music (IAWM)
“Women in Music Connect the World”
April 13-19, 2015 – college.wfu.edu/iawm (online)
Deadline: October 1, 2014
The International Alliance for Women in Music announces a call for participation in the 20th Anniversary Congress, Women in Music Connect the World, to be held from April 13 through April 19, 2015 online at college.wfu.edu/iawm. We welcome IAWM member scholars, performers, composers of all genders whose work supports the mission and goals of the IAWM to submit proposals. Performances that include IAWM members and are proposed by them, compositions by IAWM members for performance consideration, and proposals for lecture-recitals, papers, and panels involving IAWM members and submitted by them are invited. Members of any age or nationality are encouraged to participate.
Topics related to the Congress theme may include, but are not limited to:
- How women are making music in today’s world
- How perceptions of women in music are shifting
- How women in music from disparate places are connecting, or may in the future
- How world forces are bringing women in music together or separating them
- The musical activities of women throughout the world or in a particular part of it
- Women’s music as illustration of gender in music
- Who are the women in today’s world who make music
- The historical precursors of women in music today
- Patterns of the past or shifts in them today
Initial proposal submission deadline
Proposals that describe a future YouTube or other video (or optionally audio) presentation file intended to become of sufficient quality to be part of the Congress will be accepted until Wednesday, October 1, 2014 (received online or postmarked).
Please visit college.wfu.edu/iawm for full information.