15th Annual Western University Graduate Symposium on Music:
The Ongoing Bond Between Music and Technology
August 23-24, 2013 – Western University, London (Ontario), Canada
Deadline: May 3rd, 2013
The Society of Graduate Students in Music of the Don Wright Faculty of Music at Western University (London, Ontario, Canada) is pleased to invite graduate students to submit paper proposals for the Fifteenth Annual Western University Graduate Symposium on Music to be held August 23-24. This year’s conference theme is „The Ongoing Bond Between Music and Technology.“ We invite all interested graduate students regardless of discipline to submit proposals electronically by May 3rd, 2013. Those with ideas for lecture recitals or alternative format presentations are encouraged to apply. Papers are welcome on topics relating to the theme „The Ongoing Bond Between Music and Technology“ in disciplines including, but by no means limited to:
- Media and Cultural Studies
- Musicology and ethnomusicology
- Popular Music Studies
- Record Production/Audio Technology
- Indicate your name, contact information, school, degree program, and any specific audio/visual requirements for your presentation/performance in the body of the email.
- Include a 300-word anonymous abstract as a .doc or .pdf attachment.
Please submit your proposal to: wugsom at gmail.com
We look forward to hearing from you. Authors of accepted proposals will be notified via email. Presentations are limited to 20 minutes length with a 10 minute question period.